Sunrise, Clouds, Two

FULL SIZE | ON FLICKR


I'm nearing the end of Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code.  Man, oh, man, oh, man, oh, man, oh, man, oh, man, oh, man.  Man.  The last 100 pages have been so difficult to read, I settled for speeding through them.  Now, as this storyline dwindles down, it's becoming unbearable.  I can't fathom disliking a book that pissed off the Catholic Church this much, but it's just so bad.  The rudimentary prose, unbelievable (in the classical sense) plot twists and character turns, embellishment of facts, boring plot and characters, and, I don't know what it is but every now and then I want to tear my eyes out for some reason.

I just dislike it.  A lot.  The greatest feeling I get from it is a profound regret for wasting so much time on it.

Dangit, I shouldn't have used this image for ranting about a bad book.  It's a nice picture, and doesn't deserve that fate.  So, um... ignore the above tirade.

1 comment:

  1. I can't resist making more comments on this book. My distaste for it has reached a Death Proof level of pure, unadulterated rage. It's so bad, it transcends apathy.

    Every word I read now is accompanied by a singular thought:

    Bullshit. Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit, bullshit, bullshit, bullshit, bullshit. Buuuuuuuuuullshit. What nonsense. From Teabing being the Teacher to the Priory's true goal to Brown looked skeptical.

    This has nothing to do with religion. Brown is just a bad writer.

    ReplyDelete