Box as a Shape.


A man once said, an old man, by the way, with a long brown beard (he dyed it), well he said, once, a long time ago, when I was a young twenty-year-old rapscallion in 1964:

"Life is a box, as a box is shaped like a box shape."

Well, I honestly have no idea what he was talking about. It was the sixties, after all. Probably something to do with LSD and the CIA secretly experimenting on soldiers so that they could fight the evil Philodendrons or whatever thing we believe poses a threat to our Masticational Security this time with super-awesome double-plus one efficiency. Turns out LSD gave them some wild visions and eradicated their fear; didn't do much when it came to getting shot, though.

Well, anyway, the picture above is special. It's one of those pictures you take on a whim, and then find when you're uploading the bunch a week later and think, "My! What a picture! When did I take this? Far out, man! It's like, whoa...!"
I was similarly taken aback when I found a reply to a little post of mine. I wrote about life and a particular box, exposed myself with the expectation that, as per custom, the length would make everyone move on with nary a glance, and in the end, it turned out someone did read it. And made it clear like so:

For the first time ever, last night, I couldn't find a consolation in Cynic. When I woke up in the morning, my usual daystarter, Milk Lizard, couldn't lift my mood, either.
I knew by then that I really got a problem.

And I found your post....
Somehow it makes me think again about my life, the choices I've made. Some of which I wish I could just hit the Ctrl+Z and make a new start.
As opposed to your situation, however, I didn't get to this point in a difficult way. Not really.
So I figure, my life is not bad. At all. I have everything that I should be happy about, and I might be one of the people with the least problem in life. So, what do I have to complain about?
At the end of the day, I've finally made peace with the things that's been a burden for me lately, and been able to enjoy Cynic once again. Thanks to you.

I'm outta here.



There's more to this story than I will tell you. Since there's a difference between me pulling out my schlong for your amazement and pulling out someone else's... oh, wait. Let's just move on.

Anyway, I'd just like to dedicate that picture to Lee. For returning the favour.

Life, in its own way, burdens everyone. Change what you can. Deal with everything else by looking out the window.

1 comment:

  1. I can't make good comment. You know well that making speech is not my strength. But this means A LOT.

    That's just lovely. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete