Tight Rope Walker Waves Hello

A quick hello.

Lately, things have been going on a tight rope. I've been trying to get back on a roll since I started the final chapter of the screenplay, but I don't know if it's because this isn't just any little script for one of my crazy short films or the side projects, but "the one," or the fact that I'm used to starting more stuff than I finish... I seem to be suffering from the 'ol "white screen syndrome."

Despite that syndrome, I've experienced a massive influx of ideas coming from out of nowhere, so I've spent a good couple of days writing shit on my body (when there isn't any paper without me having to get up) and writing ideas, short stories, character histories and handwritten screenplays. And drawing a lot of diagrams, storyboards and misunderstood pictures. All in an insane attempt to get my "vision" down. And despite my attempts a few days ago, this room's back to its usual self -- i.e. books on the floor, papers on the wall (and just about everywhere else), wires waiting for legs, and the games/DVDS/CDs pile beginning to get very, very hazardous.

In the meantime, since my run in with sickness a while ago, I've been trying to catch up on a whole bunch of updates, articles, posts and I still haven't gotten the new issue of Edge (I'm a total geek).

And to add to the drama... I've not only rediscovered my love of foreign films, such as 'The Return' (Russian, 'Vozvrashcheniye'), 'Oldboy' (Korean), 'Amélie' (French, 'Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain, Le) and City of God (Brazilian, Cidade de Deus), but 'GTA: Vice City' chose this particular week to rear it's ugly, addictive head.

Yep. This ain't a good week for waking up late, taking showers and having 3 meal days...

Anyway... speaking of waking up late, taking showers and 3 meal days, I've had a nice long bath, enjoyed steak with couscous, potatoes and salad, and now I'm going to bed. It's eight hours past my bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment