A Vote of No Confidence: Introduction

Religion is a funny thing, amidst babbles of ancient stories glorifying god upon god upon god exists a thousand-page book for each of those babbles. I walked into a book shop the other day and found more pages under "religion" than "science."
The bible has more pages than my science textbook, how's that? There are more pages CLAIMING truth than actual pages DISPLAYING truth! Of course, truth is a funny thing.


(spends fifteen minutes searching the internet)

To quote:
1. Conformity to fact or actuality.
2. A statement proven to be or accepted as true.
3. Sincerity; integrity.
4. Fidelity to an original or standard.
5. a. Reality; actuality.
b. often Truth That which is considered to be the supreme reality and to have the ultimate meaning and value of existence.

The problem is the more pages, the more claims, you have posing as truth, the greater the chance of a contradiction, an exaggeration or a simple oversight.

In my "A VOTE OF NO CONFIDENCE" series I will throw away the definitions above and live by the "code" you have just read. Every since I understood what the word "doubt" meant, I've doubted things. And I've seen the truth behind the "truth."
Note, I'm not claiming anything here, I'm not going to state what I write as truth. There's no spreading hate here, I'm just going to write it as I see it. And if I come off as a bit... rage-drenched, it's because no one else seems to understand.

You may also help me here, if you see something in any religion which has an inherent contradiction, contact me and I'll add it to the list -- with your name on the first line.

A few words from "New Faith" (from Slayer's "God Hates Us All" album):
I reject all the biblical views of the truth
Dismiss it as the folklore of the times
I won't be force-fed prophecies
From the book of untruths for the weakest mind.

Folklore of the times? Like the earth being flat?
Book of untruths for the weakest mind? Children believe in Santa and the Tooth Fairy...

No comments:

Post a Comment